This is a really simple, quick, and tasty recipe for sweet and sour chicken. You don’t even need that many ingredients, you probably have everything you need in your kitchen
For the chicken:
- 500g Ugachick Fillet, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup corn flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Oil to fry
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 yellow, ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ¾ cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup brown sugar
For the garnish:
- Chopped scallions
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dredge in corn flour+.
- Dip in beaten egg and fry in a generous amount of oil until crispy and cooked through. Set aside for excess oil to drain.
- Reduce the oil to about a tablespoon, heat and fry garlic until fragrant.
- Add the bell pepper, vinegar, soy sauce, tomato paste and sugar. Bring to a boil until it thickens then add the fried chicken and coat.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve.