The armature’s step-by-step pictorial guide to imitate the pro baker that you’re not.
I kid you not, while it would definitely help, you don’t need to have any past experience in baking to reproduce this cake. So those of you who have some experience baking and creaming cake, you could just follow the recipe as is below. But if you’re not sure, just click through the pictures at every stage and you’ll be guaranteed the finest Banana cake you’ve ever eaten.
250g butter, softened
1 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1 cup mashed banana (about 5 large
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
4 Tbsp hot Jesa milk
3 1/2 cup plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Grease your baking pan and line the base with baking paper.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in bananas and vanilla essence until combined.
4. Mix baking soda and milk together before stirring into the banana mixture. Sift in flour and baking powder, fold into the mixture until combined.
5. Spoon mixture into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes until cooked (insert a clean skewer, if it comes out clean it is cooked).
6. Let cool for 5-10 mins before inverting onto a wire rack to cool.
In this guide, we are looking at baking the cake. In the next, we shall be demonstrating how to cream the cake. Being a rookie at this myself, I sought the help of an expert, Asha Batenga who was kind enough to come over to teach me how to cream a cake.