I found it hard naming this chicken, because it could pass for many things including Creamy lemon chicken, cream ginger chicken, creamy garlic chicken; anything creamy would pass really, cream being the main ingredient for the recipe.
The recipe was inspired by many other creamy recipes I found online. which all had different ingredients. Some had worcestershire sauce while others didn’t, some had vinegar while others had chicken broth.
You will also notice that I used a divided pan, this helped me to do both cooking preparations concurrently instead of doing in separate pans, saving time in the process. It is also important to note that if you don’t have cream, you can use plain yoghurt and will give you an almost similar result.
500g chicken thighs
2 tablespoons Jesa Butter
1/4 cup Jesa cream
5 cloves garlic and ginger
1/2 cup chicken broth (some recipes use vinegar)
1/2 lemon juice
1/3 cup white wine
1 big onion
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper
Pinch of paprika
1. Season the chicken with a little salt and pepper.
2. Heat up a skillet on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Pan-fry the chicken until both surfaces become crispy or nicely browned.
3. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside. Or in a different pan while the chicken browns, add the remaining butter and saute the onions, garlic and the ginger until light brown and soft.
4. Add the lemon juice and the wine, then simmer before adding the cream, broth and salt.
5. Add the chicken to the cream sauce and simmer on low heat for like 10 minutes until the sauce has reduced by like half. Remove from heat, garnish with parsley and serve warm.