This is for the lazy ones. You want to eat nice chicken but you don’t’ want to go through the hustle of measuring ingredients, marinating and all that hustle? This recipe is for you, it has got to be the easiest chicken recipe I have shared here, because you only need three ingredients. When it comes to preparation, I did mine in the oven but feel free to use a grill pan or even a braai.
BBQ sauce is a very versatile sauce that can be used as a condiment, a marinade, basting, topping or sauce and this recipe will work for chicken as well as it will for pork and beef ribs. The ingredients for the sauce vary widely, but most include vinegar, tomato paste, or mayonnaise (or a combination thereof) as a base, as well as liquid smoke, onion powder, mustard, black pepper, and sweeteners such as sugar or honey.
You can buy already made BBQ sauce from most supermarkets, you can use your own homemade BBQ sauce, an alternative I would recommend.
- 5 pieces of chicken
- Salt and paper to taste
- 1/3 Cup classic barbecue sauce
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill to medium-high and lightly oil the hot grates to minimize sticking and place the chicken on the grill.
- Grill the chicken without turning for about 10 minutes if the chicken is boneless but keep it about 5 minutes longer if it’s bone-in.
- Flip and grill until the chicken is cooked through. This may take another 10 minutes.
- Brush the chicken with barbecue sauce and grill for another 5 minutes or so.
- Serve and wait for the praises from your guests.