Puddings come in many forms, which may include savory or most commonly, in form of a sweet milk-based dessert and they can either be baked, steamed or boiled. Rice puddings are made from rice mixed with water or milk and other ingredients such as cinnamon and raisins. Different variants are used for either desserts or dinners. When used as a dessert, it is commonly combined with a sweetener.
I have been doing rice pudding for a while and my daughter loves it quite a lot. I have tried this with different sweeteners including honey and date syrup, you could also use brown or white sugar. Feel free to try any of the many alternative flavors and toppings like cashew nuts, almonds, raisins, vanilla, orange or even lemon. The list is long.
• 3/4 cup uncooked S.W.T Rice
• 1 1/4 cups water
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 1/3 cup white sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/3 cup raisins 1 tablespoon butter
• 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
• Some almonds for garnishing
1. Boil water in a saucepan, add rice, stir and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.